Thursday, November 4, 2010

Directions are always good...

...when you follow them! I've been beating my head against the wall trying to do iNotes customizations and no matter the change they didn't work or show up. Since I was working in a sandbox environment where whatever I did wouldn't affect anyone, I brushed off the part where it says in the documentation to copy the file to a temp folder, make changes, then copy it back to the iNotes server. Then make sure to restart HTTP. Oh, and then you might flush your browser cache. I thought that whole copying business was like a backup. I was just uncommenting code examples in forms85_x.nsf to get a feel for the changes that could be made and how things worked.

Alright, alright, so I went back and followed the directions to the letter but my changes still didn't cooperate. Hmmm, the restart HTTP command didn't do the trick. I also tried dbc f, flush forms commands, etc. Still nothing...So I bounced the server. Bingo! Now I am off and running and can't wait to tweak our webmail. Now, how do I call that retrieval agent from webmail?? Sigh...good thing I am in the sandbox.

No comments:

...because I wanna be!