Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rich-Text fields, email, images - oh my

I am not really familiar with how Notes handles rich-text fields going out in email. Here is my problem:

In Notes email I can do whatever in the Body field because it is rich-text - I can paste images, import, embed, whatever with images. When they get emailed out, they will appear correctly in an outside email account depending on security settings. Great!

Now, I have a marketing database used for creating mass emails. There is a form with a rich-text field on it for basically the same purpose as used in email. The marketing department will create an email campaign in the document, paste/embed their graphics, make their text changes, etc. This is then supposed to be emailed out upon selections of contacts in an organization database and an action trigger. However, when the email goes out, the embedded images are put into attachments. They never appear in the similar fashion that Notes email does.

Why is this? What am I doing wrong? Or what am I missing? By the way, email and the application are on the same server which handles email. So I don't think it is a server configuration issue if emails are fine going out.

Thanks for your insight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does the Location document setting
under Mail tab
'Format for messages addressed to internet addresses=MIME Format' help?

...because I wanna be!