Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Best Practices - getting there...ideas?

Yesterday I was in a meeting where we were discussing the implementation of a better practice in our environment. Currently we have a development box, test box and production box for our Notes-based CRM application. Every night development refreshes test...every design element unless you have prohibited in test. Then upon good testing and satisfaction, test will be pushed into production. We have decided to make a master set of templates that is clean and pure without development "trash" like "Joes Form", "Susie view", "Bogus agent", etc. Then leave the development environment like a true sandbox. Only the elements that are ready to move on from development get put into the master template. There would be no prohibits in test and so forth.

Here's the question though - from what environment (development, test or production) do you create the initial master template?

I know what I think and a couple of my colleagues but I would like your feedback...

No comments:

...because I wanna be!