I have to say right off the bat, kudos to the designers. I've barely started using Documents but things are overall a similar word processor layout. BUT...there are other things that are in much more logical places. I have to chuckle that as I am writing, I will start listing options or features I didn't think were there to go back and find them and delete my "feature request".
- Headers and Footers on the Page Setup dialog box - a lot more logical than the View menu!
- Sidebar with the easily accessible formatting options. I know this is available in Office 2007 but I am still stuck in Office 2000. *Sigh*
- More robust context menus - nice
- I like the ability to have the different Symphony applications "under one roof" on the tabs. It cleans up my task bar nicely.
- Word Completion - Fuego! I had to look it up and see what it was doing while I was working because it kept nabbing words and spelling them out ahead for me. Fuego!
These are just a few things I have seen in first glimpses. I do look forward to finding out more and learning what new things are there that I am unfamiliar with - like Direct Cursor, Duplicate Formatting (hmmmm, sounds like Format Painter?), Points/Glue Points, and so much more.
I suppose what I like the best is the Notes and Microsoft feel and usability. The UI is appealing and will match up to Notes 8 nicely when our organization gets there.
What your favorite or new features in Lotus Symphony?
No comments:
Post a Comment